Nagez, nagez, nagez!

I went back to swimming again this summer after an almost 5 year hiatus. I had a lot of fun swimming in the summer and it was a great refresher for the swim team that I’m currently on. I don’t know why I quit after a sucessful winter and summer season when I was 9? Actually, I lie. I do know why I quit. My parents did not want to commit to the five days aweek practices that would have entailed the following year. But I came back, quite literally out of the blue, because I remembered that when I was nine I truly loved it. Many people would not enjoy swimming lap after lap after lap, kicking, diving, and doing all sorts of drills, not to mention the fact that it it is quite strenuous. But I do. I really do love it and hopefully I can catch back up to the kids my age (who just happen to have been swimming for the past six years while I was not). I’m just happy to be back- it’s nice to have swimming in my life again.

6 Responses so far »

1. bellaanne27 said,

October 6, 2011 @ 12:50 pm     

I only do summer league swimteam, it’s very hard for me, but I’m learning to love it!! That is so awesome that you love it so much, I hope you get better and better!!! I wish I had more fun with swimming on a team, but you are so lucky!

http://www.duckintuition.edublogs.org
    bellaanne27

2. bellaanne27 said,

October 9, 2011 @ 11:26 pm     

Hi Dominique,
    I am in 8th grade. How about you? Thank you for your comments on my blog.
    I do swimteam because it pushes me, makes me a better me. although my favorite activities are skiing and soccer.

BellaAnne27
    http://www.duckintuition.edublogs.org

3. Wendy said,

October 21, 2011 @ 7:12 pm     

Hello
    Well done for swimming and I hope you had fun!
    My name is Wendy and I am from Australia, What part of the world are you from? I think your blog is great! Please visit my blog at bbwendy.edublogs.org/
    From Wendy

4. ANONYMOUS said,

October 24, 2011 @ 6:21 pm     

bonjour, moi aussi! j’adore la nager!

I had a amazing swiming teacher this summer! It wass someone named monsiur tyler!!!!!!

Comment RSS · TrackBack URI

Say your words