About me

Name- Dominique (not my real name, it’s just my middle school French class name which I sort of adopted on my blog, my real name’s Meredith)

Age/Grade- 14 years old, 9th grade

Pets: three beautiful dogs, Jake, Katy, and Lexy, who are so adorable and all rescues!

Random things about me-

I enjoy basketball, tennis, cross-country, surfing (a new addition!) and swimming (tennis is my favorite sport though!!). I also love to do theater (it is pretty much my life, for example: when I’m in a play my Facebook status updates are all basically “going to rehearsal” or “rehearsal was fun”. Nothing else. ).  Theater gives me an opportunity to be creative and imaginative, and express myself, and I have made lots of good friends through plays at a local community theater. I love art, especially drawing and painting. I have the most control with a pencil, perhaps because it is often the most convenient medium and the one I use most., which is why I absolutely love sketching.  I love languages, and I am currently learning francais en mon l’ecole. My francais teacher from middle school, Mlle. Watson also has a blog. Check it out! I also love Deutsch, and have been to Deutschland (Germany).  By the time I graduate college my goal is to be fluent in French, German, Spanish, Italian and Japanese! After that I would also like to learn Mandarin Chinese, Gaelic,  Portuguese, Greek, and Arabic, just to mention a few. I also am a big history enthusiastic. As in, when I was in first and second grade the only TV I ever watched was the occasional program about Ancient Egypt on the history channel. And I absolutely loved it! My love of history was also developed through reading, and it still continues to grow! I especially love Ancient Egypt, and since a young age I’ve wanted to be an archeologist/ Egyptologist.

I absolutely love to read, and I also like to write. I play piano and flute. I’ve played flute for about 5 years now, I started in 4th grade.  I’ve been playing piano since age 6 or 7 although with my hectic schedule I don’t have much time to practice. I also love to travel with my family! I have been to France, Germany, Switzerland, Ireland and Canada (and various places in the US!)! Traveling is an opportunity that I am very thankful I am able to discover, and it is most certainly fun! I would love to hear about places you have been. I am definitely looking for authentic penpals from different countries!

A random fact about me: I am a vegetarian, and I have (proudly) been one since age 6. Almost eight years now! I’m not a vegan, since eating dairy products does not conflict with my ethical beliefs (I also love white chocolate way too much).

Feel free to comment in any language!!!!!!!

**In case you can’t tell by the French that I so often use in posts, I love France and French! I’d love to live in Paris when I’m older, but then again there are so many places where I would like to someday live.

6 thoughts on “About me

1. Hey Dominique, Im Jordan (: wow nice blog!! you seem like a very interesting/active person… I love how you take french considering I REALLY wanna learn it! And uve been to canada!!! your so lucky 🙂 even though I live in PA I still really wanna go there, and hopefully attend a college there.
    Check my blog out too 🙂 thanks

2. hey, Im jessa, we have lots of things in common! I love theatre as well!
    what was the main reason you started this blog? Its pretty cool!

3. G’day Meredith,
    Thanks for joining the March 2011 student blogging challenge. So you can contact other students and look at their blogs, make sure you keep referring to this page on the challenge blog.

Also each week starting this weekend, check out the student challenge blog for the different activities to do – look at ‘Latest challenge posts’ under the map on the right sidebar.

4. Hey Dominique I really like your blog.I also liked how you didn’t give out your real name.WOW!It look like we have a lot in common.For example I love theater too.It is my life too.I hope that you can check out my blog and tell me what you think!